An ad is placed in the Altoona Mirror searching for parties interested in establishing a Railroad Museum for Altoona.
The group forms the Altoona Railway Museum Club and adopts the name Altoona Railway Museum Association.
The National Railway Historical Society grants a charter to the association. Chapter members begin collecting railroad memorabilia and displaying historical objects at civic events, etc.
The name Railroaders Memorial Museum is officially incorporated.
Museum acquires the private rail car of Charles M. Schwab – The Loretto. The Altoona Redevelopment Authority sells the former Penn Central Railroad shop complex land to the Center Associates with an agreement providing that Center Associates make a 5-acre plot available for the Museum.
Ground-breaking ceremonies are held on May 12th.
Museum celebrates grand opening on September 21st.
Museum acquires the PRR K4’s #1361 locomotive and moves it from the Horseshoe Curve to Altoona for restoration.
K4’s excursions haul thousands as the “Pride of Altoona” returns to the rails.
Museum acquires former PRR master mechanics building and an adjoining parcel of land.
Renovations to the master mechanics building begin.
Exhibit fabrication and installation work begin.
Grand opening of the new Railroaders Memorial Museum held on April 25th.