Description

K4s steam engine, railroad crossing sign. K4s 1361 was constructed in 1918 by the Altoona Works. For twenty-eight years, 1361 was dedicated and placed on exhibit at the Horseshoe Curve in Altoona, PA until it was removed to bring back to operation, a work still in progress. It had clocked an estimated 2.5 million miles over its career and in 1987 was designated the official locomotive of Pennsylvania.