Location and Directions
It’s easy to visit both the Railroaders Memorial Museum and the Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark in the same day – they’re just a 6-mile drive apart.
To Horseshoe Curve from Railroaders Memorial Museum
- From Museum parking lot, turn right and travel two-tenths of a mile to 17th Street.
- Turn right onto 17th Street, travel one block, and turn left onto Margaret Avenue.
- Travel two-tenths of a mile, and Margaret flows into Broad Avenue.
- Travel Broad Avenue for 1.6 miles, and turn right onto 40th Street.
- Follow “Heritage Route” and Horseshoe Curve signs 3.6 miles to the Curve.
To Railroaders Memorial Museum from Horseshoe Curve
- From the Horseshoe Curve lot, turn left onto Burgoon/Kittanning Point Road and travel 3.6 miles to Beale Avenue.
- Turn left onto Beale, and travel six-tenths of a mile to signal light. Turn left at light and continue on Beale for one mile, as Beale flows into Route 36 (Union Avenue).Travel Route 36 thre-tenths of a mile to Margaret Avenue.
- Turn right onto Margaret, and travel two-tenths of a mile to 17th Street.
- Turn right onto 17th, drive one block, and turn left onto Ninth Avenue. Travel Ninth Avenue two-tenths of a mile to the Railroaders Memorial Museum.